Hello paper crafting friends,
I have a fun technique for you today that I learned during a virtual on-line convention so, I just had to try it out for myself. Today’s technique is called the Double Embossing technique because you cover the entire surface of your cardstock with your Versamark ink pad and then pour clear embossing powder on it and heat it. Next, you then use an embossing folder to emboss the cardstock. It’s double embossed! Keep reading and I’ll explain in detail on how to do it yourself. As you can see in the picture below the flowers look like I used a white gel pen to outline the flowers. The paper looks like it’s enameled. It’s so pretty and perfect for a Valentine’s Day card.
Here’s a recap. Take your Versamark ink pad and tap it or smoosh it over the cardstock you want to emboss. The inking of the cardstock process is often referred to as direct-to-paper in the paper crafting world. Next, cover the entire surface with clear embossing powder and heat it with your heat tool until the embossing powder melts. Once heated this leaves the cardstock darker in color and shiny. Then take the heat embossed cardstock and slip it into an embossing folder and run it through your die cutting and embossing machine. The results are amazing! Depending on how detailed your embossing folder is the greater the detail where some of the heated embossing powder changes to give a white detail. I can’t describe it and the photo doesn’t capture the true effect, but you must try it for yourself. Oh, and those cute silver metal heart charms are so sweet on my Valentine’s Day card. You’ll find the card measurements after the Shopping List below.
These are the items I used to make this card, just click on any of the pictures on my Shopping List or on my signature at the end of this post and you’ll be redirected to my 24/7 Online Store.
Please use the Host Code: RAA9XXNG when placing your order a surprise in your hand stamped card from me. Remember you also earn Loyalty Rewards Points when your order is a minimum $50*. Make sure you click on the link to read about MY LOYALTY REWARDS PROGRAM 2020-21.
*before sales tax/shipping. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer I hold in January.
CARD MEASUREMENTS & INSTRUCTIONS:
- Poppy Parade cardstock – 4 1/4″ X 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic Black cardstock – 5 1/4″ X 4″
- Poppy Parade cardstock – 5″ X 3 3/4″
- Use the Versamark Ink pad and gently smoosh it over the entire surface of the Poppy Parade cardstock – 5″ X 3 3/4″ piece and then cover the entire area with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Use the Heat Tool to heat up and melt the embossing powder. (The color of the cardstock will deepen into a richer color.)
- Once the cardstock is cool to the touch insert the cardstock into the embossing folder of your choice and run it through your machine.
- Then just layer all your cardstock pieces as shown in the above photo. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals behind the Heart shape and adhered the silver metal heart charms with glue dots.
- I also wrapped some white baker’s twine and ribbon to the front of the card before I adhered all the layers onto the front of the cardbase.
- TA-DA! That’s it!
I hope you like today’s card and I encourage you to experiment with the Double Embossing Technique. It’s fun to use your different embossing folders and different colors of cardstock. Your embossing folders will not be damaged when using today’s technique.
I hope you have a great day! Don’t forget that Sale-A-bration ends on Feb 28, 2021. Here’s a link to see the Mini-Catalog.