Hello papercrafting friends,
Today’s card is an alternative to the treat crackers in the September 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit. I love my monthly all-inclusive Paper Pumpkin kits. Every month I receive a surprise papercrafting kit in my mailbox. Stampin Up! allows gives a hint what the kit will include or at least give you a hint of the theme of the kit. Even though I typically opt out of the kits that make treat holders, I know that many fellow demonstrators come up the lots of alternative ideas for other ways to change up the kits. I decided to use my kit supplies to make cards instead.
I’ve included a link to the video after my card. Make sure you click on the link to see what this kit was designed to make and please come back from YouTube to read how I made today’s card.
HERE’S A VIDEO OF THE KIT: Sept 2020 Hello Pumpkin – Paper Pumpkin kit video
My black card base is also from the 2017 A Sara Thing watercolor themed Paper Pumpkin. (Yes, I still had extra supplies left over from 2017 – don’t judge me. Ha-ha!) The Sept 2020 Hello Pumpkin Paper Pumpkin kit included:
- Cajun Craze Mini ink pad
- Glue dots
- Stampin Dimensionals (aka pop dots)
- bolt of black Bakers Twine
- bolt of white Bakers Twine
- Stamp set with pumpkins, and sentiments for fall, Thanksgiving, Hello, Halloween, fall leaves and flowers
- 500+ embellishment pieces which included flowers, hats, pumpkins, leaves, decorative borders and many other fall shapes
- 1 acrylic stamping block (with your first kit)
- 20 Treat Crackers to hand out to your friends, family or co-workers
- Instruction sheet & YouTube Video link showing you how to assemble your project kits
Yes, all of the above! Needless to say I’ve made Halloween cards, Thanksgiving cards, Hello cards and Fall cards with all the extra supplies in the kit. It’s a great value and a great way to build your ink pad and stamping supplies. Another benefit is that you can join the Paper Pumpkin Fan Club on Facebook and get tons of ideas for alternate projects or you can search for the name of the kit on Pinterest and get great alternate ideas there too.
The theme for the Oct 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit is “Joy to the World”
The Stampin Up! Hint for the October Paper Pumpkin kit is that the kit contains supplies and instructions for make 8 elegant cards with a Joy to the World theme (four cards each of 2 designs) and coordinating envelopes. Won’t it be great to get a jump start on your holiday cards?
One important thing to remember, you can always suspend or cancel or skip a month easily by calling Stampin’ Up! or signing into your account before the 10th of each month or you can purchase a 1-month prepaid kit, 3-month, 6-month or annual prepaid kits. I promise – it’s easy to do! No penalties for canceling or skipping a month.
Here’s a link to sign up or you can click on the pictures of the kits in my Shopping List below. I’ve included the prices for each option.
Details on today’s card:
- I inked up the witches hat stamp with a Versamark Ink pad and sprinkled clear embossing powder on the front of the card. I then used my Heat Tool to heat/melt the clear embossing powder. This resulted in a shiny yet subtle background. Can you see that the stamp includes pumpkins and florals. It’s a beautiful stamp.
- I took one of the diagonal striped treat crackers and cut a 1 1/2″ strip and glued it across the center of my card and wrapped the black Bakers Twine that was also included in the kit around the diagonal strip.
- I used one of the Nested Stitched Label dies (from the Annual Catalog) out of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the sentiment (included in the kit) towards the right of the label.
- I added one of witches hat punch outs and a flower punch out (both included in the kit) and added them to the left side of the nested label with glue dots included in the kit.
- Tip – use your Stampin Blends (alcohol based) markers to color in a pear or rhinestone for the flower center. I used my Basic Black Stampin Blend.
Here are the items I used to make this card, just click on any of the pictures on my Shopping List or on my signature at the end of this post and you’ll be redirected to my 24/7 Online Store.
Please use the Host Code: 7DNXATRA when placing your order and I’ll send you a surprise in your hand stamped thank you card. Remember you also earn Loyalty Rewards Points when your order is a minimum $50*. Make sure you click on the link to read about MY LOYALTY REWARDS PROGRAM 2019-20.
*before sales tax/shipping. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer I hold in September.
I hope you agree, alternative ideas are fun. I will be sharing many other alternative ideas for this months kits so make sure you come back to read my blog. As always, I hope you have a wonderful day!