Does an apple a day really keep the doctor away? Well, if you know someone who tried that and it didn’t work here’s a quick Get Well card you can make with just a few card making supplies.
HOW TO DIY:
- Real Red Cardstock – 4 1/4″ X 11″ scored and folded at 5 1/2″ and scraps to punch out the apples
- Whisper White Cardstock – 5 1/4″ X 4″
- Whisper White Cardstock – 3 3/4″ X 5″ (this piece will be stamped with the Buffalo Check Background Stamp)
- Garden Green & Soft Suede cardstock scraps to stamp & punch out the apple stems and leaves.
- Stamp the “Feel Better Soon” sentiment on the Whisper White cardstock layer
- Ink up the Buffalo Check Background stamp with Real Red ink pad or Tuxedo Black Ink pad & stamp on the 3 3/4″ X 5″ white cardstock and cut in half. (You can use the other half to make another card.)
- Use a Stampin’ Write Marker and a ruler to add lines in between the checks to create a different plaid background. See the card right. I used a Real Red Stampin Write Marker.
- Stamp the apples, stems and leaves in black and use the Apple Builder Punch to punch the pieces out and adhere.
- I used a white gel pen to add highlights to the apples.
- Wrap and tie a bow around the card layers. (I used the White Bakers Twine which I “dyed” black with my black Stampin Blend Marker. The white twine is great because you can create your own custom colors as needed.)
- Add a couple of Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the apple and adhere to the card. Sprinkle on some clear rhinestones or sequins. (I also colored my rhinestones black with the Stampin Blends.)
The following is the list of products I used to make today’s cards. If you use the September Host Code: KJ33SJFV I’ll send you a surprise in October and if your order is a minimum $50* you will also receive a package of Basic Jewels Rhinestones inside your hand stamped thank you card.
*before sales tax/shipping – one gift per customer per month. This offer can not be combined with any other offer I hold in Sept. Your gift is subject to change based on product availability at Stampin’ Up!
IMPORTANT: If your order is over $150*, please don’t use the Host Code because your order qualifies for Stampin’ Rewards, but you will receive the free gift from me as well.
Don’t forget about this amazing buy 3 get 1 free Designer Series Paper offer which expires at the end of Sept.
Select any 3 from the table shown below and then select another 1 free. For example, you could get a great deal by selecting 3 at $11.50 and then getting the $14.50 Specialty paper for free! AND, you can order as many (and get as many free) as you’d like!
Thanks for reading my blog today and as always if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Have a wonderful week-end and I hope you can get some crafting done!