As for me, everything starts with art – all kinds of art. So, naturally I was drawn to Stampin’ Up!’s It Starts With Art stamp set and die bundle. Here’s today’s card:
The Freshly Made Sketches Challenge inspired today’s card. Here’s the sketch:
But wait, there’s more! I was also inspired by the TGIF Challenge #223! That challenge is a color challenge and the colors include Melon Mambo, Gorgeous Grape and Coastal Cabana. Love those colors together. Do you use card sketches to make your cards. I highly encourage you to give it a try. Here’s the TGIF Challenge #223. Make sure you come back after you visit the challenge sites to see what I used for today’s card.
How to DIY:
- This card is pretty easy to replicate.
- Use the largest rectangle to cut your Whisper White cardstock to layer on top of a 1/2 sheet of Basic Black for the card base.
- Use the second to the smallest square die from the Stitched Shapes die set to die cut squares from Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo and Gorgeous Grape cardstock.
- Use Memento Ink to stamp the images if you will be coloring them with Stampin’ Blends, which are alcohol markers. Use StaZon Ink if you plan to color your images with markers, watercolors, or if use a Blending pen to prevent the images from smudging.
- I fussy cut off the extra rolls of ribbon on the stack of ribbons image.
- Use Stamping Dimensionals on the roll of ribbon, the button and on one of the ink bottles.
- Add bling, (you know I had to) – I used sequins but you can use rhinestones or pearls. This step is optional, but how can you NOT like bling? Just asking – not judging.
Don’t forget my FREE August Card Kit in the Mail offer. You can read all about it here. Remember to use the Host Code: NBHBMJFZ to receive your Card Kit in the Mail.
Here’s the Shopping List with all of the things I used to make today’s challenge card. You can click on any pic below or on my signature and you’ll be redirected to my 24/7 Online Store.
I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for joining me, like the sentiment on today’s card, “you paint my world with happiness.” Sorry, not sorry about the pun in the first paragraph. Share a card and a smile today!