I don’t know why an ink company would use the word “delicata” to name an ink pad. Delicata in Spanish is the feminine version of delicado which translates to delicate, but there’s nothing delicate about the beautiful Delicata Golden Glitz Metallic Ink pad. It’s gorgeous! I used it on the sentiment on my card. You might have missed the 3 Delicata Metallic Ink pads in the Holiday catalog. They’re on page 16. The colors are Celestial Copper, Silvery Shimmer and Golden Glitz.
I used the beautiful floral images and sentiment from the Beautiful Friendship stamp set. It’s a distINKtive stamp set so it’s manufactured to give you different depths of color with the same inkpad. To see a close-up of the Golden Glitz Metallic Ink pad – just keep scrolling.
Here’s a close up view:
Pictures don’t do this metallic ink any justice. It’s very shiny and it gives a raised effect like when you use embossing powder and you heat it, but it’s not. You don’t need an embossing tool – just stamp and give it a few seconds to dry before touching it. It is a pigment ink so technically you could add clear embossing powder and then use your heat tool but it’s perfect just as it is. I love just “stamp & go!”
How to DIY:
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock – 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″
- Whisper white Cardstock – 5 1/2″ X 3″
- Gold Foil paper – 1/8″ X 5 1/2″ (2 pieces)
- On the Whisper White cardstock panel – Stamp the floral images in Flirty Flamingo, use Pear Pizzazz to stamp the leaves and Crushed Curry for the large floral centers. (I stamped off once on scratch paper to get a lighter color)
- Adhere the gold foil strips to your cardbase or behind the Whisper White stamped panel or add them directly to the Flirty Flamingo cardbase.
- Wrap the Whisper White Bakers Twine around the stamped panel before attaching the panel to the cardbase. Add a small piece of the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon before tying the twine into a simple knot. (Refer to photo)
- Cut a rectangular piece of Whisper White paper to stamp your greeting. Use the Delicata Golden Glitz Metallic Ink to stamp the greeting/sentiment. Give it a few seconds to dry before touching it to prevent it from smearing. (I forgot to list that I used a Stitched Rectangle Die to cut out my sentiment strip, but you can just cut out a rectangle.)
- Add Stampin Dimensionals behind your sentiment strip for added dimension.
- Add clear sequins or rhinestones for added glitz . (Optional)
Here’s the Shopping List with all the items I used to make today’s card. You can click on any picture below or on my signature and you’ll be redirected to my 24/7 Online Store.
What’s Happening Now:
Extra, Extra Free Stuff! You normally select $125 in product for only $99 when you join the Stampin Up team, BUT during the Extra, Extra Promotion you select $155 in products, FREE shipping + a $10 coupon to use in September. Yep, YOU select what you want. If you sign up now, you can even select products from the Holiday Catalog. It’s really a great opportunity. If you receive my Newsletter I went into detail about it on Monday. (Please sign up to receive my Newsletter if you haven’t already. That’s where you’ll learn about my live class events, Stampin Up news and special offers.)
To sign up for the incredible Extra, Extra promotion, just scroll up to the Menu on the top of this website and click on the Join My Team tab to find the link to sign up! I’d love it if you joined the fun!
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
FREE AUGUST CARD KIT IN THE MAIL
Don’t forget you can get a FREE August Card Kit in the Mail when you use the Host Code: NBHMJFZ when you place an order on my Online Store. You can get the details here. If your order is over $150 before sales tax & shipping – don’t use the Host Code and you’ll still get the FREE August Card kit. Get the details here.
Thanks for joining me today! Make sure you open my next blog post for a super cute and easy Christmas Card!