If you’re reading my website post on Monday, Aug 26 there are 27 days until Fall! I can’t wait for cooler temperatures, well maybe, since it might still be hot in Texas. With Autumn in mind I decided to design an autumn harvest card based on the CAS(E) this Sketch card challenge #336.
Do you sometimes sit in your craft room surrounded by awesome products but don’t know where to begin? Well friends, try using a card sketch to get your creative juices flowing again.
Make sure you visit the CAS(E) This Sketch website to get more inspiration. You can get there by clicking on this image:
Just a few more days left for you to redeem your Bonus Day Coupons, Aug 31 is the last day.
The EXTRA, EXTRA recruiting kit special also ends on Aug 31. Your kit cost is only $99 for $155 in products of your choice, including items from the Holiday Catalog. Join my team and join the fun. This is a NO STRINGS attached offer. Yes, you can re-join!
FREE AUGUST CARD KIT in the Mail also expires on Aug 31. Read how you can get the complete card kit in the mail here. You must use the August Host Code: NBHMJFZ when you place your minimum order of $50 before sales tax & shipping. If your order is greater that $150 before tax and shipping you will still earn the FREE August Card Kit in the Mail.
Here’s the Shopping List with all the items I used to make today’s card. You can click on any picture below or on my signature and you’ll be redirected to my 24/7 Online Store.
HOW TO DIY:
- Soft Suede Cardstock – 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ scored and folded at 4 1/4″
- Black Cardstock – 5 1/8″ X 3 7/8″
- Pressed Petals DSP – 3 3/4″ X 5″ (I used the burlap design)
- Whisper White Cardstock Scrap to stamp the milk can and foliage (I recommend you try stamping it on Very Vanilla cardstock to coordinate with the Very Vanilla Sentiment Strip)
- Very Vanilla scrap approx 3/4″ X 3 1/2″ – to stamp the sentiment
- Scrap piece of Soft Suede to punch out a scallop border.
- Adhere your layers to the Soft Suede cardstock card base. Refer to photo.
- Use Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp the milk can and foliage on a scrap piece of Whisper White or Very Vanilla Cardstock.. Remember to use Memento Tuxedo Black when using the Stampin’ Blend Markers to prevent the inks from bleeding.
- Color in the images with your Stampin Blends or color media of your choice. (If you’re going to use water based markers, watercolor pencils or ink pads stamp the images with the StaZon Inkpad.)
- Fussy Cut the image out (or if you’re lucky to have a Silhouette or Brother StanNCut – use it to cut out the image.)
- Use Soft Suede ink to stamp the sentiment on the Very Vanilla scrap
- Use the Decorative Ribbon Punch to punch out a scalloped border and adhere to the back of the sentiment strip.)
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to mount the milk can and sentiment strip to the card.
- Use a piece of Linen thread and tie a bow and adhere it to the milk can image. I used a glue dot but you can use glue.
I hope you have a wonderful week. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Stay cool – autumn is coming. Leave me a comment and tell me what you love about Autumn?