Happy Saturday, Dec 22!
I don’t usually post on Saturday but I want to share this quick gift idea in case you don’t want to join the Super Saturday Shopping Frenzy today. Here’s a quick gift you can make and you probably have most of the supplies in your craft stash.
What is it? It’s a decorated package of Jiffy Pop popcorn. Jiffy Pop Popcorn is pre-microwave popcorn. It was quite popular during the 60’s and still remember their television commercials. I have fond memories of my Dad standing over the gas stove shaking the container until it ballooned it this huge aluminium orb bursting with buttered popcorn. This was a big treat for us and it’s still a tasty treat. If you have small children or grandchildren I highly recommend you buy this just for the experience alone I assure you the kids will be impressed for the small price you pay for Jiffy Pop Popcorn. I found it at my local Walmart. for only $1.49.
I made a bunch of these for friends and neighbors and added a Redbox Movie gift card and even slipped the handle over a bottle of soda. It was a quick gift to make and everyone who’s received one thought it was pretty clever. LOL!
How to DIY:
- Use a round object to trace a 7″ circle You can use a dinner plate, circle cutter or if you’re lucky enough to have an electronic shape cutter such as a Cricut or Silhouette you can use that as well.
- I stamped the large sentiment from the Merry Christmas to All stamp set onto the Whisper White circle.
- Use the Rooted in Nature leaves to cut out leaves from Real Red and Garden Green cardstock. After the leaves were cut I ran them through the coordinating embossing dies. This really gave the leaves a very realistic look and feel to them.
- Assemble the leaves to make a poinsettia and add a few Garden Green leaves.
- Add some pearls to the center of the flower. (I used a Dark Daffodil Stampin Blend to make the pearls yellow.)
- Attach the Whisper White circle to the Jiffy Pop Popcorn label with a few glue dots. And DONE!
- You can decorate the handle or leave as is. I used some ribbon and tulle just for a little extra oomph!
I hope you like today’s project and I’ve inspired you to make a stocking stuffer or gift for a neighbor using items from your arts & craft stash. I’m also entering my gift item into the TGIF Challenge #191. You might want to check that out too to get more gift ideas. Just click on the graphic:
Here are some of the products I used to make my jiffy gift.
If you need to purchase anything simply click on any product photo above and you will be directed to my online store website or you can click on my signature at the bottom of this blog post. You can also contact me either by phone or e-mail.
Use this month’s HOST CODE 7FTCTKTT to receive a free gift with any $35 (before tax & shipping) order, if your order is $150 or more before sales tax and shipping don’t use the HOST CODE so you can receive your Host Rewards AND get your free gift from me!
Have a great Saturday! I hope you come back on Monday for Make-it-Monday!