It’s Make-It-Monday and here’s another easy card you can make with a stamp set that you probably own. You can find it in the annual catalog on page 103 or you can see a digital copy of the catalog on my blog. Just click on the catalog image and you can see the Holiday Catalog on my blog too. You can find the Curls and Swirls embossing folder in Holiday Catalog. This card simply states, “Give Thanks,” and it could be used for a Thanksgiving card or just to send to someone who needs a little encouragement.
Please excuse the poor photography – this card is orange and on my computer screen it just doesn’t look “orangey” to me. Could it be the lighting, my camera or my failing eyesight? Ugh! Trust me – it’s orange, come to think of it the color does look more like a pumpkin pie orange!
Did you notice that the card design layout is the same as the Halloween card I posted on September 7, 18? In case you missed it, you can see it here.here. Same embossing folder, same stamp set and same design. This makes for quick and easy card making. Love it!
How to DIY:
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ ” scored at 4 1/4″, another piece cut at 5 1/4″ X 2 1/2″ and a scrap to stamp the Labels to Love label and the “Give Thanks” sentiment.
- Pumpkin Pie cardstock: 5 1/4″ X 4″
- Use the Swirls & Curls embossing folder to emboss the Pumpkin Pie cardstock. (You can choose to use either the embossed or the debossed side – both are gorgeous.)
- Use the Pumpkin Pie ink pad to ink up the Buffalo Check Background stamp and stamp on the 5 1/4″ X 2 1/2″ Very Vanilla piece. Note: the stamped Buffalo Check will give you a distressed, rustic look. It’s meant to look like flannel fabric.
- Use the Early Espresso ink pad to stamp out blank label from the Labels to Love set.
- Use the Pumpkin Pie ink pad to stamp the “Give Thanks” sentiment on a Very Vanilla cardstock scrap and use the 1 1/2″ circle punch to punch it out.
- Use approximately 4″ of Burlap ribbon to adhere as shown on the picture above, add a Linen Thread bow and scatter a few gold sequins on the card front.
The following products were used to make this card. If you need any of the items, just click on any item and it will take you directly to my on-line store and your products will ship directly to your home in a relatively short time!!
Use this month’s HOST CODE YW2AAGTW to receive a free gift with any $35 (before tax & shipping) order, if your order is $150 or more before sales tax and shipping don’t use the HOST CODE so you can receive your Host Rewards AND get your free gift from me!
Are you looking for a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator? I would love to be yours! Contact me to get copies of the current catalogs.
Thanks for stopping by and go out and make something today!
Remember that the Bonus Days coupons expire at the end of Sept. You can find instructions on how to redeem them on the Bonus Days graphic or contact me if you need held.