I can honestly say I’ve never made so many cards with the same stamp set. And, I still have lots more but after next week, I’ll switch to other cards made with different stamp sets. This card was inspired by one I saw posted on the Stampin Up! website. I did change up several things to make it mine.
Here’s the card that was on the Stampin’ Up! website that I used as my inspiration:
HOW TO DIY:
My Card Measurements:
- Berry Burst Cardstock:11″ X 4.25″ scored at 5.5″
- Petal Pink Cardstock: 5.5″ X 4″
- Shimmery White Cardstock: 5.25″ X 3.75″
- Vellum Cardstock: 5″ X 1″
- I stamped the large floral image with Jet Black Stazon ink on Shimmery White cardstock. You need a permanent, waterproof ink like Stazon when watercoloring.
- I used the Flirty Flamingo watercolor pencil found in the Watercolor Assortment #2 to color the large floral image. Like I mentioned previously in another post, the Flirty Flamingo water color pencil is a pink and not an “orangy” pink like the Flirty Flamingo cardstock and ink, but we need a pink watercolor pencil in our Stampin Up watercolor assortments. It’s a pretty pink.
- I used 2 different greens on the leaves: Granny Apple Green and Garden Green watercolor pencils
- I used an Aqua painter (water brush) to blend the water colored image.
- I then used the largest framelit to cut out a window out of the Petal Pink cardstock. I love that the framelits cut out a stitched line on both the cut out and the negative space.
- I used the embossing buddy to pounce on the Vellum strip to alleviate having stray bits of embossing powder. Stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink, covered the Versamark sentiment with Silver embossing powder and poured the excess back into the embossing jar. Heat set/melt embossing powder with the Heat tool until the embossing powder has melted and is shiny.
- I then adhered the Petal Pink frame over the stamped Shimmery White panel.
- I wrapped the Vellum sentiment strip around the Petal Pink layer and adhered to the back with cellophane tape, or you can use glue dots or glue.
- Adhered all layers on the Berry Burst card base leaving a small space on both sides and the final step was to add a Berry Burst metallic edge ribbon.
The following products were used to make this card. If you need any of the items, just click on any item and it will take you directly to my on-line store and your products will arrive in a relatively short time directly to your home!
Use this month’s HOST CODE SKPYFV4R when placing your order to receive a free gift with any $35 (before tax & shipping) order, if your order is $150 or more before sales tax and shipping don’t use the HOST CODE so you can receive your Host Rewards AND get your free gift from me!
I hope you liked today’s card! I’ll have another card to share on Friday! Have a wonderful week!
Bonus Days end August 31, 2018. For EVERY $50 you spend you earn a $5 Bonus Days coupon code to spend in September. You can earn as many as you want!
Are you looking for a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator? I would love to be yours! Contact me to get copies of the current catalogs.