Can you believe that this makes 7 different cards using the same stamp set bundle? Love it! Have you tried using watercolor pencils or are you afraid to try? Watercolor pencils are a great starting point when you want to expand your creative or card making experience. Watch my video for some tips on how to watercolor with watercolor pencils.
DIY TIPS recap:
- Use the correct ink. I used Stazon because it’s a solvent based ink and will not smear when water is applied. Dye inks are water based inks and will smear.
- The paper you stamp on is important. Use watercolor paper or Shimmery Paper (found on page 192) in the annual catalog. Using regular cardstock such as Whisper White to watercolor will cause the paper to warp, buckle and/or pill.
- Watercolor Pencil Care – try not to drop them to prevent the pencil core from breaking. Keep the pencil point sharp, turn the pencil sharpener instead of the pencil.
- Crushed Curry cardstock: 4 1/4″ X 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Soft Suede Cardstock: use the largest scalloped framelit from the Layered Square framelit set.
- Watercolor Paper: use the largest square from the Layered Square Framelit set
- Scrap piece of Copper Foil to die cut a leaf from the Stitched Seasons Framelit set (this is part of the Blended Season bundle). Purchase both for a 10% discount.
If your order is a minimum $30 (before sales tax & shipping) and use the August Host Code 2WJH2RZG, you will receive a surprise in your hand stamped thank you card in September PLUS I will send you the pre-cut cardstock and watercolor paper card kit to make this card. I’m sorry I can’t send you pre-stamped images as per Stampin Up! policy, but you could certainly use what you have on hand.
Here are 3 cards with the same design layout but I added Black Bakers Twine on the first, Copper Trim (item# 144179) on the card in the middle and Linen Thread on the card on the right. Which do you prefer?
Thanks for stopping by! Have a Make-it-Monday kind of day!
What are bonus days? With every $50 purchase before sales tax and shipping earn a $5 coupon to spend in Sept!