It’s beginning to feel like Fall, well at least in the early morning hours. It’s really cool but it soon heats up. So with all the buzz of Back-to-School and cool mornings Fall was my inspiration for today’s card. I hope that you’re not getting tired of my Blended Seasons Card Series. This set is versatile and as I told you before, once I received it and just could not stop using it. Today’s card was difficult to photograph because no matter what I did I could not avoid the glare. I used a sponge brayer to add color to white glossy cardstock. I guess that glossy cardstock is really glossy.
I used Copper Embossing Powder on the sentiment. It says, “wishing you all the best.” The copper embossing powder looks much better in person than it photographs. On second thought, I probably should have used a gold embossing powder for the sake of photography. Here’s a close-up.
How to DIY:
- Take a piece of glossy cardstock and ink up the sponge brayer with the Mango Melody ink pad. Make sure you roll that brayer to get enough ink all around the sponge brayer. Then just roll it over the glossy cardstock. It doesn’t take much to cover the surface.
- I then used the large leaf stamp and stamped randomly in Early Espresso ink.
- Going with the copper theme, I die cut a leaf with the coordinating framelits out of a scrap piece of Copper Foil cardstock.
- I then mounted the glossy cardstock layer onto an Early Espresso cardbase.
- As previously mentioned I heat embossed the sentiment using Copper Embossing Powder, used a glue dot to adhere the copper leaf die-cut to the sentiment strip. I used my bone folder to add some curve or wave to the sentiment strip and attached it to the cardbase with Stampin Dimensionals.
Here’s what I used:
If you need any of the items, just click on the item picture or click on my signature below and you will be redirected to my online store.
DIY TIPS, TRICKS & REMINDERS:
Just a few reminders, the Blended Series Bundle is a Limited Release Product and is only available from Aug 1-31 or until supplies last. Don’t wait too long and risk missing out.
Aug 1-31 also marks Bonus Days! You earn a $5 coupon for every $50 purchase before sales tax and shipping. You will receive an e-mail with your coupon codes to be redeemed in September.
The third special offer that expires on Aug 10 is the Paper Pumpkin kit – first month at 50% discount. In case you don’t know, Paper Pumpkin is a monthly subscription where you receive an all inclusive papercrafting kit, it includes an acrylic block (in the first kit only), a mini-ink pad, a stamp set and everything you need to complete the kit. It’s like a spa in a box. I love mine and it’s like getting happy mail every month. Use promo code: BLOOM0818 at paperpumpkin.com and please select me as your demonstrator
Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment, I love hearing from you. Subscribe to my blog updates and receive a free PDF tutorial. (You can sign up on the pop up that says, “Stay in the Loop” when you first go to my blog.
Earn free products from me when you use my Host code when your order is at least $30 before sales tax and shipping. If our order is $150 or more, don’t use the the HOST code to receive your host rewards but you still receive a free product from me in your hand stamped thank you card.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!