It’s Make-It-Monday and card number 4 using the Color Your Seasons product suite. Card number 4 is a beautiful rustic Christmas card. I love how the Wood Texture Designer Series Paper (DSP) really adds so much to this simple card. I also used the Dynamic Textured Impression embossing folder to add texture to the small strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock to make it look like wood.
HOW TO DIY:
- I used the the second largest label from the Stitched Seasons Framelit Dies to cut out a label out of thick Whisper White cardstock. I love the little stitch details on the label. The stitch lines are also on the negative.
- I stamped the image with Stazon Jet Black ink because I knew I was going to color in my holly sprigs with watercolor pencils and use my aqua brush to blend the colors. Use the thick Whisper White cardstock, watercolor paper or the Shimmer Paper if you are going to use watercolor to prevent your cardstock from buckling or warping.
- I embossed the strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock with the Pinewood Planks Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Tip: Cut your cardstock a little longer than you need because the dynamic textured impression embossing folders are heavily textured and all those ridges shorten your paper.
- I cut out the leaves out of scrap pieces of Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green cardstock and adhered them to the back of the white label.
- I added Stampin Dimensionals to the back of the label.
- The small loop of the Burlap Ribbon adds to the rustic theme.
Here’s a list of some of the supplies to make my card. click on any of the images or on my signature at the bottom to be redirected to my online store. Use this month’s HOST CODE: 2WJH2RZG to receive a free gift with any $35 (before tax & shipping) order, if your order is $150 or more before sales tax and shipping don’t use the HOST CODE so you can receive your Host Rewards AND get your free gift from me!
August 1-31 are Bonus Days. Receive a $5 coupon for every $50 purchase (before sales tax & shipping), no limit on the number of coupons you can earn and then use them during September.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: The Color Your Season bundle and Watercolor Assortment #2 are available Aug 1-31 or while supplies last.
Thanks for stopping by on Make-It-Monday. I hope you have a wonderful week and as always if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me or leave me a comment.