Wednesday, Aug 1 marked the launch of the Color Your Season Limited Time product offer. It’s only available from Aug 1-31 or until supplies LAST! It’s been widely popular and I would not be surprised if the supplies run out BEFORE August 31. Today’s card is a simple one layer card. Sometimes my cards have so many mat layers and while I like that look it often leads me to worry if the cards I mail will require extra postage due to all those layers. This one is just a piece of thick Whisper White cardstock cut and folded in half.
How to DIY:
- Create a 4.25″ X 5.5″ card by cutting a sheet of Thick Whisper White Cardstock 4.25″ X 11″ and scoring at 5.5″.
- Stamp the large floral image along the left and at the bottom with Stazon Jet Black ink. Allow the ink to dry.
- Stamp the “I miss you” sentiment towards the upper right hand side of your card with the black ink but mask off the word “you”. Then mask off the “I miss” part of the stamp and ink up the word “you” in Melon Mambo ink.
- Colored the floral image with the Watercolor Assortment #2 pencils. I used the Flirty Flamingo watercolor pencil but I want you to know that it is more of a pink color and not an orangey-pink like the Flirty Flamingo ink pad. Just so you know.
- I colored the leaves with the 2 different green watercolor pencils in the same assortment. I included both sets of watercolor pencils in my product listing in case you need to add them to your stash. You need them.
- Used my aqua painter to blend the pencils on the images.
- TIP – I used my Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend to color my white pearls before adding them to my card. Stampin’ Blends are alcohol based markers so they dry pretty quickly.
- Tie a piece of Whisper White Bakers Twine towards the top and done!
Lots of incentives this month to spur your creativity. First we have the awesome Bonus Days promotion. For every $50 purchase during August you earn a $5 coupon to use during September. You will receive your coupons via e-mail so don’t lose track of those because Stampin Up can’t re-issue them and I don’t have access to your coupons.
Paper Pumpkin is 50% off for the first month during your subscription. Remember to use Promo Code: BLOOM0818 at paperpumpkin.com and please select me as your demonstrator.
Then of course the Color Your Seasons bundle which is available while supplies last or from Aug 1 -31 whichever comes first.
I love hearing from you! Please be sure to:
- Subscribe to my blog updates and receive a free PDF tutorial. (You can sign up on the pop up that says, “Stay in the Loop” when you first go to my blog.
- Earn free products from me when you use my HOST code when your order is at least $30 before sales tax and shipping. If your order is $150 or more, don’t use the HOST code to receive your host rewards but you’ll still receive a free product from me in your hand stamped thank you card.
Have a wonderful week-end and make sure you come back to Make-it-Monday!
Here are some of the products I used: