Hope you had a great week-end! I did! Today’s card is one we made at my monthly card class. I have a card class scheduled for every third Saturday of the month. Today’s card illustrates a sponging technique and an easy way to work with highly detailed, intricate dies. (Pssst, the secret is the Big Shot die brush.)
I love the versatility of the Springtime Impressions Thinlits. This thinlit is part of the Abstract Impressions Bundle. The 2 products work beautifully together but they each can stand alone – one without the other BUT, I highly recommend the bundle, what’s not to love about a 10% discount when you purchase the bundle?
HOW TO DIY:
- I attached a sheet of Multipurpose adhesive to a piece of thick Whisper White cardstock because I wanted the die cut to have some dimension to it without having to cut out 2 dies and then layering them one on top of the other. By adding the adhesive sheet to the back of the Thick Whisper White cardstock I was able to easily add it to my card base. But, I’m getting ahead of myself.
- I recommend that you use the Precision Base Plate when using this die, I tried cutting with it and without it and it was definitely easier to cut through the adhesive backed Thick Whisper White cardstock, but they did cut through either way.
- Once I had my die cut I ran my Big Shot Brush over it. This makes it easy to get out all those little pieces out of the die. Without the brush I would have had to use my paper piercer and poke through all those little die holes to release the die cut.
- Now the fun part. I used sponge daubers to add color to the die cut. Don’t worry if you get some colors to run into another. It is an abstract afterall! Using the sponge daubers made quick work of adding color to the die cut.
- After I added color to the die I simply pulled off the adhesive backing sheet and attached it to my cardbase. It was mess free. Yes, you can add glue to the back to adhere it but it’s much easier and mess-free when you use the adhesive sheets.
- Last step was to add my sentiment. Don’t you just love that sentiment? This card could be used for many occasions.
To make this card, you will need the following supplies or use what you have. Click on any picture to place an order, it will take you to my Stampin Up! On-line store.
AND please, don’t forget to use the HOST CODE 32D7WEHQ to get a free gift from me!
Are you looking for a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator? I would love to be yours!
.Thanks for stopping by and it’s Monday – go and make something, you’ll feel better about Monday. Leave me a comment and tell me and show me what you made!