Hi crafty friends,
The Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper (DSP) is the star of my quick & easy card today. I just love this DSP because it coordinates with so many of the Stampin Up papers. Keep reading because I have a paper saving tip for you too.
This really was a quick and easy card. Don’t you just love the font used for the Happy Birthday sentiment? While the Abstract Impressions (#147513) stamp set has some marvelous card sentiments it doesn’t include a Happy Birthday but the Detailed with Love stamp set (#146606) has lots of them and I especially like the Happy Birthday and it’s just the right size to punch out with the Tailored Tag punch. You really need the Tailored Tag Punch in your craft stash. You can use it for so many things. Let me share how easy this card is to make.
DIY HOW TO:
- Whisper White card base: 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Night of Navy Layer: 5 1/4″ X 4″
- Melon Mambo scrap: 5″ X 1/2″
- Garden Impressions DSP: 3 3/4′ X 5″
- Whisper White scrap to stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment with your Pacific Point ink pad and stamp a few random flower images from the Abstract Impressions stamp set (#147513) with the Melon Mambo ink pad, use the Tailored Tag to punch it out and mount it on the card with Stamping Dimensionals
- Take the Garden Impressions DSP and cut 1 1/2″ lengthwise. Since the DSP is double sided just flip the 1 1/2″ strip over and adhere to your Night of Navy card layer and the bigger piece on top. Great thing about double sided paper!
- Use the scrap piece of Melon Mambo to cover where the 2 papers meet. It covers the seam, plus it looks like ribbon.
- Wrap the gorgeous Silver & Whisper White Bakers twine a few times and tie a simple bow.
- Use a Whisper White scrap to stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment with your Pacific Point ink pad and stamp a few random flower images from the Abstract Impressions stamp set (#147513) with the Melon Mambo ink pad, use the Tailored Tag to punch it out and mount it on the card with Stamping Dimensionals
- Adhere the Happy Birthday sentiment over the bakers twine and BAM you’re done! Oh, don’t forget to mount the Night of Navy card layer to the Whisper White card base with stamping dimensionals or you could just glue it down to the card base.
DIY TIPS, TRICKS & REMINDERS:
Remember I mentioned a paper saving tip earlier? If you’ve been reading my blog I might have mentioned it before but it bears repeating. Since the most of the Night of Navy cardstock layer is covered up with DSP I strategically punched out 2 pieces to use for another project. Just make certain that you don’t punch too close to the edge. Let me show you what I mean:
Those 2 cut outs will come in handy for another project and I won’t have to cut into a full sheet of cardstock. Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention. I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment with my Pacific Point ink pad. I would have normally used my Night of Navy ink pad since I’m using a Night of Navy cardstock layer but when I did the sentiment looked really dark and I wanted it to look blue. I think the Pacific Point works for this card. What do you think?
These are some of the products I used to make my project. If you need to purchase anything simply click on any product photo below and you will be directed to my online store website or you can click on my signature at the bottom of this blog post. You can also contact me either by phone or e-mail.
Use this month’s HOST CODE 32D7WEHQ to receive a free gift with any $35(before tax & shipping) order, if your order is $150 or more before sales tax and shipping don’t use the HOST CODE so you can receive your Host Rewards AND get your free gift from me!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I do hope that you can make something today, after all, if you’re reading my blog you’re a maker too and I know it will make you happy.