Yes, you are – you’re a gem (a diamond) for reading my blog posts and I truly appreciate it. Well, my friends I have a confession to make. I have stamp sets that I have NOT used. Please tell me I’m not the only one with this “problem.” The sets that were whimpering for some ink and love in my stamp studio were the Oh So Eclectic Bundle and the Beautiful Day stamp sets. So this is what I made with them:
The big birthday sentiment is from the Occasions Catalog (page 26) and is available until May 31. I love that sentiment – it’s such a lovely birthday sentiment. The other elements are from the Oh So Eclectic Bundle or more specifically the Eclectic Layers Thinlit Dies. There are so many great dies in that set. I don’t know why I had neglected them. This card has lots of shine and fits right in with all those lovely gems on the Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper. This is considered a Fancy Fold Card because that glittery circle hangs off the top edge of the card. It’s fancy but it’s also easy.
HOW TO DIY:
- Cut your Pool Party cardstock to: 4 1/4″ X 11″.
- Cut the Night of Navy cardstock: 4 1/8′ X 3 1/8″
- Cut the Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper: 4″ X 3″
- Score your Pool Party cardstock at 5 1/2″ and then line up your cardstock (long side on top) at 8 3/4″ and cut.
- This gives you a 4 1/4″ X 8 3/4″ Pool Party card base.
- Use the Stitched Circles dies to cut out a circle of Glimmer paper. I also cut out the diamond or gem shape out of Glimmer paper and colored the Glimmer Paper with my Pool Party Stampin Blend, but you can use your Stampin Write Markers just as well.
- Remember to just add adhesive to the top half of your glimmer circle when attaching it to the top half of the card.
- Layer some beautiful gem paper from the Naturally Eclectic Designer Series paper on top of the Night of Navy card panel, wrap some lucious Night of Navy Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon around the panel, adhere and BAM done! I love this card and it’s on it’s way to someone special.
These are some of the products I used to make my project. If you need to purchase anything simply click on any product photo below and you will be directed to my online store website or you can click on my signature at the bottom of this blog post. You can also contact me either by phone or e-mail.
Use this month’s HOST CODE R6PHMXPH to receive a free gift with any $35(before tax & shipping) order, if your order is $150 or more before sales tax and shipping don’t use the HOST CODE so you can receive your Host Rewards AND get your free gift from me!
Thanks for stopping by! I’m still making cards to swap at the Stampin Up! Convention in Fort Worth this weekend. I’ll have LOTS of EXCITING NEWS to share with you when I get back!