Make-it-Monday: Magical Mermaid – say that really fast 10 times. The alliteration reminds me of my high school English class. Have you noticed the Mermaid and Unicorn trends? They are everywhere! That’s another reason I love Stampin’ Up! – they are always on trend. But before I show you my card I need to let you know that the annual Retired List will be on the Stampin’ Up! website. Please know that the products on the retirement list are until supplies last. So if you’ve wanted and waited something you best get it ASAP. OK, back to my magical mermaid card:
HOW to DIY:
- Cardstock: Marina Mist cut 1 piece 4.25″ X 11″ and score at 5.5″, another piece cut to 5.25″ X 4″ and another: 4 3/8″ X 3 1/8″, scrap piece of Whisper White to stamp the Mermaid.
- Use the Marbled Background stamp and use Marina Mist ink to stamp on the smallest rectangle. This results in a tone-on-tone effect and looks like the sea. Use the X embossing folder to create a wave layer.
- Stamp the sea weeds with Tranquil Tide ink pad.
- If you are going to use your Aqua Painters or the Blender Pens to watercolor the Mermaid, you must use the Archival Black ink pad so your outlined colors won’t bleed. I colored the mermaid with the SU Watercolor Pencils and used the Blender Pens to blend.
- On the top layer, I used white embossing powder to stampd the birthday greeting and used the white craft ink to stamp some air bubbles.
- I used my Tombow Mono Liquid Glue to add some small dots of glue on the mermaid and in the layer with the seaweed. I then poured some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the glue and shook off the excess. (Trust me – it’s gorgeous in real life.)
- Fussy cut out the mermaid and use Stampin Dimensionals to pop her up.
These are some of the products I used to make my project. If you need to purchase anything simply click on any product photo below and you will be directed to my online store website or you can click on my signature at the bottom of this blog post. You can also contact me either by phone or e-mail.
Use this month’s HOST CODE R6PHMXPH to receive a free gift with any $35(before tax & shipping) order, if your order is $150 or more before sales tax and shipping don’t use the HOST CODE so you can receive your Host Rewards AND get your free gift from me!