I hope your Easter holiday was a good one. I’m really excited to share a different kind of project today for Make-It-Monday. If you’re reading my blog chances are really good that you’re a “maker.” Makers are people who like to make things. Today’s project is a home decor item but it’s also functional. Here’s my project:
About a week ago the New Neighbors of Amarillo Arts & Crafts club met at the Brush with Art Store. It’s a ceramic store where you select a ceramic bisque piece to paint with glazes. I knew before I went that I wanted a piece to reflect my business logo. In case you hadn’t noticed my logo has 2 flying butterflies. Butterflies symbolize transformation, beauty and so many other things. I love butterflies. Naturally, I love the Stampin’ Up! Butterflies Thinlit Dies. I used the largest butterfly die to make my own stencil.
HOW TO DIY:
- I used a piece of adhesive backed Contact paper to die cut the butterfly with my Big Shot. Don’t remove the adhesive liner yet. I cut several out in case I goofed and also to share with my friends.
- Once I selected my bisque ware I made sure to brush it off of any dust and removed the adhesive liner off the butterfly die cut and applied it to the dish.
- Use a credit card or rubber brayer to ensure there are no gaps and it’s well adhered to the surface.
- Then select your bisque ware glazes or undercoats and paint it. You can paint over the stencil.
- Once you have covered it with the “paint,” carefully remove the stencil. I used my paper piercer to help me remove it without disturbing the paint.
- That’s it. I left it at Brush with Art and they fired it for me.
You could easily use any of your dies to make your own stencils. You can then use them to create other home decor items or use them in your art journal, Bible journal and wood projects. What about using your DIY stencils you made with chalk paints? The possibilities are endless. I hope this project inspires you to look at your stamping tools to make things beyond cards. Try it – it’s FUN!
These are some of the products I used to make my project. If you need to purchase anything simply click on any product photo below and you will be directed to my online store website or you can click on my signature at the bottom of this blog post. You can also contact me either by phone or e-mail.
Use this month’s HOST CODE R6PHMXPH to receive a free gift with any $35(before tax & shipping) order, if your order is $150 or more before sales tax and shipping don’t use the HOST CODE so you can receive your Host Rewards AND get your free gift from me!
TIPS, TRICKS & REMINDERS:
- The Occasions Catalog is still in effect. You can still purchase anything (except for the Stampin Blends) until May 31, 2018.
- The Stampin’ Blends are on backorder at this time and unavailable until approximately June 1, 2018. These proved to be extremely popular and were/are in high demand. If you placed an order you will be one of the first to receive them once Stampin Up receives the shipment.
- Sale-a-bration ended on March 31, 2018. I hope you earned lots of free goodies!
Thanks for stopping by today! I need to get back to my stamping studio to make more cards to swap at On-Stage (Stampin Up convention.) Until later – go MAKE something!