Hello Paper Crafters,
Today’s cards were super easy to create but they look so “arty.” Have you noticed that watercolor is on trend? It’s everywhere, saw a bunch of watercolor looking stuff at Michael’s, JoAnn’s, TJ Max and of course on Pinterest.. Well, you can create the same vibe on your cards. I used the Sure Do Love You bundle again. This bundle is so versatile. I made 2 versions of basically the same card. Here’s version 1:
Here’s card Version 2 – mounted on Whisper White cardstock and with ink splatters.
- Use Versamark ink to stamp the “leafy” heart shape and cover the image with gold embossing powder.
- Use the heat tool to heat/melt the gold embossing powder after removing the excess embossing powder.
- Tap some Melon Mambo ink onto an acrylic stamping block. (See the picture below).
- Use an Aqua Painter to scribble on the Melon Mambo ink on the block to pick up the ink.
- Then just use your inked up Aqua Painter to scribble on the Whisper White cardstock. You can paint over the gold embossed powder and later wipe off any remaing watercolor ink off of the gold embossing.
- Using Memento Tuxedo Black or Archival Basic Black stamp the greeting in the center of the gold embossed heart. NOTE: wait until the watercolor wash is dry before stamping the greeting.
To create the splatters on version 2 just tap your Aqua Painter with your finger to flick some ink splatters on your card. Now THAT is super easy! The best part – it’s FUN and you look like the true artist that you are.
Here’s what I used. You can click on any image or my signature below and be directed to my 24/7 online Stampin Up store.
Please use the HOST Code if your order is under $150 before tax & shipping. If your order is $150 or more before tax & shipping don’t use the Host Code to receive your Host Rewards and still receive my handstamped thank you card with a FREE tutorial.
It’s a Sale-A-Bration event!
I hope that by now you’ve heard all about Sale-A-Bration. But, in case you haven’t – you earn FREE product for every $50 from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. You can see all the current products on the right side of my blog post. This year you can even earn free dies (with a $100 order before tax and shipping) that will be for sale in the 2018-19 Annual catalog! Woo-hoo!
Thanks for stopping by! I’m going back to making more watercolor cards!